+12 % Power gain
Panels combining performance and aesthetic
Competitive production cost
I-Cell, the integrated cell
The integrated cell or i-Cell, a solar cell without busbars integrating several smaller cells on a single silicon wafer that are then connected in series within the modules. A Current
significantly lower than that of a conventional cell circulating within the module makes it possible to eliminate line losses and copper and busbar ribbons on the front face of the cells.
The concept of i-Cell brings several advantages in module integration compared to conventional solar cells:
- Low current flowing inside the strings thus decreasing resistance losses.
- Absence of busbars resulting in a 50% reduction in shading losses; 50% reduction in the consumption of the silver paste.
- An innovative interconnection process that reduces copper consumption by 75%.
- Increase of useful area (better compactness) of the module.
- Power gain of the module higher by 10% compared to the conventional module.
- Remarkable reduction in BOS investments (Balance Of Systems, BOS)